Thursday, December 3, 2009

bad gas

the other day my work truck began to run poorly, it would hesitate during acceleration and kinda cough and sputter when idling at a red light. We learned that the company got a shipment of "bad gas" that had some moisture in it which interfered with the fuel system and spark plugs and made all the trucks run poorly. Not too long ago I got some "bad gas" of a different kind when I decided to forgo my wife's healthy cooking and dined out on way too much left-over spicy chili and taco chips and other assorted junk food. Apparently my body's fuel system and spark plugs don't react well to too much unhealthy food anymore... let's just say I wasn't running too well that day either. You know "bad gas" can get us into trouble on a spiritual level too. Jesus said that man cannot live on bread alone but we need to fill our minds with healthy things too, like the Word of God, the Bible. Too often we load up on junk food for the mind in the name of entertainment... you know what I mean, movies, tv, internet... hey I do it to and when I get all caught up in the show biz around me the "bad gas" catches up and I begin to run poorly. You've heard the saying "you are what you eat", well it's true, so be mindful what you're putting into your body, mind and soul... peace,m

1 comment:

Jordan Gagné said...

Hey, I really like what you are writing. It is distinctly 'Mike'. It is neat how you connect the everyday things to your spiritual life. Keep it up, and keep on looking that way at the world around you!